The Launch CD-ROM Notes website is meant to serve as a source of information and entertainment to its readers. Most of the material here, I’ve written myself and I hold the copyright to it unless otherwise noted.
Documentation and illustration are important in exploring the topics I’m interested in. So, occasionally, I do refer to, quote, and/or show the written or visual contents other people have produced. When I do, I make every effort in good faith to maintain the copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights of those who produced the materials and memorabilia mentioned.
- When quoting others, whenever possible I link to the source’s website so you can see the whole context of what they said.
- When I quote other sources, I seek to abide by the U.S. rules of “fair use.” This means short quotations, not wholesale copying-and-pasting.
- I license the use of professional illustrations or photographs through Fotolia, iStock, and similar sources.
- I sometimes post scans or photographs of items (e.g., books, magazines, press kits, media) for illustration or reference purposes. These are images I have personally taken of items I have owned. Also, there are times when I cover or otherwise obscure details (such as signatures) that could otherwise be misused to counterfeit the product.
- I do not post images, screenshots, or videos found on such digital media as press kits or video games.
- I do not post entire documents, such as production notes or promotional brochures found in film press kits, but sometimes provide short excerpts of their content under fair use rules.
- No rights or transfer of usage is implied by the presence of any information or image here that comes from to a VeRO-related item.
I seek to demonstrate ethical integrity. However, I am not a lawyer or a professional publisher and probably make mistakes at times. If I’ve accidentally overstepped fair use or VeRO boundaries, or if you have corrections or additions to site information, please let me know through the Contact page, and I’ll take care of changes as quickly as possible.
*VeRO stands for Verified Rights Owner, which relates to intellectual property rights (for example: copyrights, patents, and trademarks). As both a research writer and occasional eBay seller, I see VeRO compliance as an important ethical responsibility.