Single-issue prices for off-the-rack versions of Launch were initially as follows:
- USA – US$9.98
- Canada – C$13.98
- Australia – A$25.98
- Germany – DM29.98
- Japan – ¥2,000
- Hong Kong – HK$150
- Singapore – S$28.98
- UK – £12.98
- All Others – US$19.95
From the range of specimens I have or have seen (including Issues 4, 5, 6, and 17), those prices apparently stayed consistent for at least the first 20 issues. When the subscription rate went lower, so did the per-issue price on the rack. For example, Issue 25 has the following prices listed on the cover of the folder:
- USA – US$4.95
- Canada – C$6.95
Subscription rates changed over time, perhaps going lower due to demand plus decreases in costs of CD technology. (This was an era when CD-ROMs were getting far more popular and technologies far more advanced.)
- Issues 1 through about 25. The exact price varied for six bi-monthly issues, depending on whether it was on a CD cover itself ($35.95) or on a mail-in postcard ($35.99). Either way, this rate was 40% off the cover price.
- Issues 25 through 44 – $29.95 for 12 monthly issues (50% off the cover price). Issue 25 was the first release to show the lower subscription rate on the back of the disc sleeve.
- Issues 45 through 48 – no subscription price noted on the disc sleeve.
- Issues 49 through 51 – subscription lowered to $19.95 (67% off the cover price).
- Issues 52 through 54 – no subscription price noted on the disc sleeve.